Kennesaw State Homecoming 2015 set for Oct. 8 – 10
First Owls football homecoming game, blockbuster concert and bonfire top the weekend festivities…
Georgia (Oct 1, 2015) — First Owls football homecoming game, blockbuster concert and bonfire top the weekend festivities
KENNESAW, Ga. (Oct. 1, 2015) — Homecoming 2015 includes festivities that promise to be the biggest celebration in Kennesaw State University’s more than 50-year history, including a pep rally, bonfire, blockbuster concert and the Owls first football homecoming game.
Among the many Homecoming 2015 festivities scheduled this year are the Lip Sync and Bonfire on the Marietta Campus Thursday night. The fun continues on Friday with the SGA/VKSU Service Project: “The Great Owlreach: Because We Give A Hoot!” starting at 8 a.m. on the Kennesaw Campus. Volunteers will help clean and landscape the trails at The Perch, located behind the Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
The Homecoming Parade begins at 4 p.m. and, an hour later at the ARC Amphitheater on the Kennesaw Campus, a huge pep rally will round out the afternoon. In the evening, the KSU Live Concert, featuring Icona Pop will rock the crowd at KSU Sports and Entertainment Park (gates open at 7 p.m.).
Homecoming 2015 pre-event activities and reunions will kick things off Saturday, beginning at noon. Then, the Owls take on the Skyhawks from Point University in KSU’s first football homecoming game (“Blackout” game – wear black!) at 1 p.m. (gates open at noon), Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
Thursday, October 8
- Latin-American Film Festival screening of “La piedra ausente/The Absent Stone” (2013), 6 p.m., Social Science 1019, Kennesaw Campus
- Lip Sync and Bonfire: 7 p.m., Amphitheater, and between Howell and Norton Halls, Marietta Campus
Friday, October 9
- SGA/VKSU Service Project: “The Great Owlreach: Because We Give A Hoot!” 8 a.m. - noon, meet at Science Building, Room 215, Kennesaw Campus
- Homecoming Parade, 4 p.m., Kennesaw Campus
- Pep Rally, 5 p.m., ARC Amphitheater, Kennesaw Campus
- Alumni Awards Ceremony and Reception, 5:30 p.m., Embassy Suites, Kennesaw
- KSU Live Concert, featuring Icona Pop, 8 p.m., KSU Sports and Entertainment Park
Saturday, October 10
- Pre-Event Activities and Reunions, 8 a.m. - noon, various locations
- Homecoming Football Game, (“Blackout” game – wear black!) 1 p.m. (gates open at noon) Fifth Third Bank Stadium. For more information: ksuowls.com/gameday.
Kennesaw State University is the third-largest university in Georgia, offering nearly 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a comprehensive university with more than 33,000 students from over 130 countries. In January 2015, Kennesaw State and Southern Polytechnic State University consolidated to create one of the 50 largest public universities in the country.
Contact: Robert Godlewski, 470-578-3448, email@example.com
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.