Secrets to Lower College Costs (audio)
Outside of purchasing a home, it is likely the biggest expense most people ever have. It’s…
Georgia (Aug 2, 2013) —
Link To Articlehttp://www.gpb.org/blogs/georgia-works/2013/08/01/secrets-to-lower-college-costs-audio
Outside of purchasing a home, it is likely the biggest expense most people ever have. It’s the cost of college.
Consider these facts:
- The average total cost for a student earning a four-year degree is now more than $100,000.
- The rate of inflation for college education is now higher than it is for health care.
- College debt is now more than credit card debt in the U.S.
This week on Georgia Works radio we tackle the costs of college:
- Hear from the publisher a popular website that specializes in ways to save and pay for college
- Learn about a new degree from one of America’s top schools for only $7,000
- Find out how one Georgia College’s new payment plan can save students thousands
All of this and more, listen to Georgia Works radio
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its approximately 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status, and one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.