Middle School Math Bowl at Kennesaw State University
KENNESAW, Ga. (Jan. 18, 2013) — Kennesaw State University and the Cobb County School District…
Georgia (Jan 18, 2013) — KENNESAW, Ga. (Jan. 18, 2013) — Kennesaw State University and the Cobb County School District present the Second Annual Math Bowl.
WHAT: Students from Smitha, Campbell and Griffin middle schools tackle word and number problems in a competition designed to get them excited about math.
WHO: The seventh and eighth graders will compete in teams and as individuals. They will earn points for the correct answers. In addition, they will earn points for how they solve and explain their solutions. The students are from Cobb’s low-income schools and educators hope the competition will inspire them to consider careers in math. The students who will participate were selected by their teachers.
WHEN: Friday, Jan. 25, 2013.
· 10 a.m. Students arrive at Kennesaw State University
· 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Individual and team competitions
· 12:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Lunch and campus tours
· 2:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. Closing ceremony and awards
WHERE: Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw, Ga. 30144
· The competition will be at the Advancing the Teaching of Mathematics and Science (ATOMS) Center on Campus Loop Road.
· The closing ceremony and awards will be in the atrium of the new Science Laboratory Building.