Georgia (Sep 21, 2001) — CAMAFest
Saturday‚ Sept. 22 and Sunday‚ Sept. 23
10 a.m. − 4 p.m.
In and around the James V. Carmichael Student Center
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University's College of Health and Human Services and Center for Health Promotion and Wellness join the Complementary/Alternative Medical Association in hosting this year's CAMAFest.
• Keynote speaker‚ Saturday‚ Sept. 22‚ 11 a.m.‚ Dannion Brinkley. In 1975‚ Brinkley was struck by lightening and killed as he talked on the phone. He was revived in the morgue after twenty−eight minutes. Brinkley's book‚ "Saved by the Light‚" describes his near−death experience.
• Practitioners will present lectures on CAM topics including chelation therapy‚ herbal medicine‚ environmental issues and mind/body therapies.
• Students from area massage therapy schools will staff a demonstration room.
• Practitioners‚ manufacturers and CAM Centers will share their expertise.
• Music‚ food tents and children's activities will be on the lawn near the student center.
Kennesaw State University‚ a progressive‚ comprehensive institution with a growing student population of 13‚500‚ offers more than 50 degree programs. Out of 34 institutions‚ KSU is the sixth largest in the University System of Georgia.
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its approximately 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status, and one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.